Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games are hard at work on a patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer. Specifically, the development firms plan to iron out an “overpowering” issue with the Type 95 assault rifle, as well as nerf other weapons like the FMG9 and Akimbo FMG9.
Infinity Ward’s creative strategist Robert Bowling hit up the tweet face to let everyone know of the incoming patch, which is ready for release immediately. Who knows, by the time you read this you might have an update for MW3 already waiting for you to download.
Below you can find the full list of tweaks being applied to the multiplayer component of Modern Warfare 3. Bowling also confirmed that the dev teams are looking into fixing spawn and lag issues, as well as introducing system link “unlock all” options for equipment, for future updates.
- Fire rate normalization for assault rifles with undermounts
- FMG9 rebalancing (Nerf)
- Akimbo FMG9 rebalancing (Nerf)
- Fix for shotgun's with extended mags (Prevents them from shooting more pellets than intended)
- Type 95 rebalancing (Nerf) - reduce hipspread
- Fix for ACR with red dot/shotgun
- Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it
- Fix map exploits on Dome