1. Johnny Depp repeatedly wore a tube sock in his pants in the original series, thinking it was pretty funny.
2. Channing Tatum says “it’s one of the most irresponsible gunplay movies that I’ve ever been involved with […] and ever probably will be involved with. I mean, we do some of the dumbest things with weapons that you’ll ever see in a movie.”
3. Every successful movie based on a 1980s TV show brings us that much closer to a T.J. Hooker movie.
4. It’s directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the executive producers of How I Met Your Mother.
5. Academy Award-nominee Jonah Hill in Peter Pan tights.
6. It’s been off the air for over 20 years and we still can’t get that danged theme song out of our heads.
7. Since they’re adults going undercover as high school students, flirting with their teacher Ellie Kemper (Bridesmaids) isn’t just acceptable, it’s actively encouraged. By us.
8. Channing Tatum still dances. Alas, no trampolines in sight.
9. Now that he’s lost a lot of weight, Jonah Hill looks kinda like The Blob after M-Day.
10. Jonah Hill co-wrote the screenplay with Michael Bacall, who also adapted the cult hit Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Which totally ruled.
11. The original TV series shot Johnny Depp to stardom. That makes Jonah Hill “The Next Johnny Depp.”
12. The slim possibility that the movie will renew audience interest in Richard Grieco.
13. Original score by Devo co-founder and The Life Aquatic composer Mark Mothersbaugh.
14. Ice Cube plays a police officer. NWA fans know how funny this is.
15. Johnny Depp once suggested that the cast of the series walk in on his character smearing peanut butter all over his naked body. Even on Fox, they wouldn’t let him do it.
16. The original series featured guest stars like John Waters, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Paulie Shore, Rosie Perez, Vince Vaughn, Brad Pitt and Skinemax legend Shannon Tweed, so we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled for cameos.
17. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum as bike cops brings back pleasant memories of Pacific Blue, doesn’t it?
18. The drug peddled in the movie is marked by a pile of poo with a halo over it. Man, that really is some good sh*t…
19. It’s gotta be better than The Mod Squad.
20. Johnny Depp is rumored to appear as Tom Hanson, his character from the original series. Hopefully he’ll be doing the peanut butter thing.
21. The last time Johnny Depp did a cameo for a new installment of one of his previous films was in Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare. He appeared under the name “Oprah Noodlemantra.” Think he’ll revisit the name?
Full Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Colombia Pictures.