The winners of the Directors Guild awards, now in its 11th year were handed out Sunday evening, with comedian Sean Cullen, one of the panelists on the new hit show "Match Game," hosting.
Held at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, the organization also celebrated its 50th anniversary at the event. Nineteen awards in total were handed out and, for the first time ever, the DGC Awards were streamed live online.
Some of the bigger honours included:
- The DGC Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael Anderson.
- Best Direction in a Feature Film: David Cronenberg for "A Dangerous Method"
- Best Direction in a Television Movie/Mini-Series: Jon Cassar for "The Kennedys" – Episode 7
- Best Direction in a Television Series: Jeremy Podeswa for "The Borgias" – Episode 107 – Death on a Pale Horse
- Best Feature Film: "A Dangerous Method" – David Cronenberg, Director
- Best Television Movie/Mini-Series: "The Kennedys" – Episode 4 – Jon Cassar, Director; Libby Hodgson
- Best Television Series – Drama: "The Borgias" – Episode 107 – Death on a Pale Horse
- Best Television Series – Family: "Heartland" – Episode 503 – What's in a Name?
- Best Television Series – Comedy: "Call Me Fitz" – Episode 212 – Hell Hath No Drink Limit
- Best Short Film: "Patch Town" - Catherine Gourdier; David "Sparky" Sparks