The Writers Guild of America has selected the nominees for their annual video game writing award for 2011. In order to qualify, your game had to release between December 1, 2010, and November 30, 2011. In addition, writers have to be part of the Writers Guild of America's gaming causus for at least one year to have their game qualify for consideration. Those guidelines help explain why titles such as L.A. Noire, Skyrim and Portal 2 are missing from this ballot (that’s a damn travesty no matter which way you slice it).
Below you can find the full list of nominees. The winners will be announced at the 2012 WGA awards ceremony on February 19, 2012.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations: Story by Alexandre Amancio, Jean Guesdon, Corey May, Darby McDevitt; multiplayer story by Stephane Blais, Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; lead script writer Darby McDevitt; script writers Richard Farrese, Nicholas Grimwood, Corey May, Jeffrey Yohalem; Greek and Turkish ambient dialogue writer Vincenzo Beretta; Ubisoft
- Batman: Arkham City: Lead narrative designer Paul Crocker; story written by Paul Dini, Paul Crocker and Sefton Hill; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Brink: Lead writer Edward "Bongoboy" Stern; Bethesda Softworks
- Mortal Kombat: Story by John Vogel, Brian Chard, Dominic Cianciolo, Alexander Barrentine, Jon Greenberg; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Written by Amy Hennig; Sony Computer Entertainment