Update: We have distributed all 10,000 codes and are consequently out of beta keys for now. Thanks to everyone who has visited! We will have many more giveaways in the future.
Original Post: The next big thing in the MMORPGs is almost upon us. Titled WildStar, it's been in production since 2005, and boy does it look good. If you haven't been afforded the opportunity to try it, this weekend you can change that.
In collaboration with Carbine Studios, WildStar's talented development studio, CraveOnline has 10,000 beta keys ready to be given out. All you have to do is click a button, redeem your code, and then download the game.
The next beta weekend will run from this Friday, April 18th, until April 20th. You'll be able to try out the wealth of content from 1 to 20 including the innovative path system, skill-based action combat, and even check out the newly implemented UI and character creation options.
As much as this is a way for you to try out one of this year's biggest games ahead of release, it's also a chance for you to help polish, ensuring that it's the next great MMORPG it aspires to be. Carbine Studios takes feedback very seriously, and you'll be able to submit your thoughts during the beta process.
You can retrieve a key below. Once you have a key, proceed to the redemption instructions.
Creating an NCSOFT Account (NOTE: If you already have an existing NCSOFT account, you can safely skip these steps.)
- Visit the NCSOFT account creation website and enter your details.
- Follow the link in the email you receive to verify your email address successfully.
Redeeming your WildStar Beta Key
- Log into your account using the NCSOFT account website.
- Click "Apply A Code" on the red banner near the top of the page.
- Paste in the serial key you received.
- Click Apply.
- If you receive a success message, you're good to go! If you receive any errors, double-check that the serial key was correctly entered.
See you in-game!