I'm really excited to announce here for the first time that my husband and I are expecting our first baby in April – a little boy! (With our dog Theo that means I am way outnumbered in this house by boys!) I was recently invited to partake in a media trip to the Smoky Mountains in Sevierville, Tennessee to participate in a mancation… despite the gorgeous scenery and bevy of cool activities, I'll be knee-deep in diapers and baby stuff, so I'm unable to attend. But it sounds like a fantastic time and I thought I should share it with you.
Here are a few things on the itinerary that guys can participate in if they make their way down to this area of the south:
- Throw out the first pitch at a Tennessee Smokies (AA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs) baseball game.
- Fish in some of the most beautiful mountain lakes and rivers in the Eastern United States. Fly fishing techniques or a traditional rod-and-reel are recommended, but you can try it barehanded if you’re feeling manly enough.
- What could make a better road trip than sharing a day on the links? You can play golf at the all-new Sevierville Golf Club.
- Answer the call of the wild and take a hike on the legendary trails found in America’s most popular national park, including the world-famous Appalachian Trail.
- Take your Manventure to the extreme by flying through the treetops on zipline adventures, doing donuts on jet boats and conquering mountains on awesome ATV trails.
- Explore the art of manliness at museums such as the Tennessee Museum of Aviation, Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum and the National Knife Museum.
- Grow hair on your chest with a sample of finely-craft mountain spirits from Ole Smoky Moonshine.
- Mount up on a steel horse and rent a motorcycle for a driving tour of the Great Smoky Mountains.
“Manventures are perfect for bachelor parties, father/son weekends, and guy’s getaways,” said Amanda Marr, Sevierville Chamber of Commerce marketing director. “Sevierville offers a wide variety of unique and adventurous experiences in one place that typically would only be enjoyed by traveling to multiple destinations. You could fly fish one morning and visit the National Knife Museum that afternoon.”
For more information on Sevierville, visit their official website.