Mark thy calendars! Microsoft and Epic Games have announced the new official release date for Gears of War 3. The game will launch worldwide (except in Japan) on September 20, 2011. Japan will get the game on September 22.
Do you need a reminder of how awesome this game is going to be? OK, check out the announcement trailer for Gears of War 3 and start gearing (ahem) up for the conclusion to this epic trilogy.
Continue on for the official press release from Epic Games and Microsoft.
Gears of War 3 Release Date Revealed!
LONDON – 23 February 2011 – Get your calendar out, get a pen, and mark the 20th September 2011 as the day when Gears of War 3, this year’s biggest blockbuster title, launches worldwide.
Gears of War 3 is the glorious conclusion to one of the most memorable sagas in video games’ history and this is a date you certainly don’t want to miss.
The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilisation, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
Here is what else you can expect from 2011’s most highly anticipated game:
· An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
· Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
· New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
· New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
· New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!