If you somehow managed to miss the original BioShock, which I might add is one of the best games of all-time, soon you’ll have a chance to remedy that error in judgment.
According to a press release sent out by 2K Games today, the company will be releasing the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on January 14, 2013 for $30, which not only collects the original BioShock, but also BioShock 2, all the DLC released for both games and a bunch of other cool collectibles.
In this writer’s humble opinion, the original game is worth the $30 alone, but for some that might be a harder sell considering the game came out in 2007. Luckily, the inclusion of BioShock 2 adds to the value of the package, and while the sequel is nowhere near as memorable as the original, it’s still worth playing to experience a story that mirrors the original game on a thematic level. What I’m trying to say is both games complement each other nicely.
In addition to the two games, the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition also comes with the “Museum of Orphaned Concepts,” which is a tour of never-before-seen concept art, character models and more, set within the halls of Rapture. It’s a cool little extra that should please fans of the series, or even newfound fans that pick up this collection.
Below you can find the full listing of extra connect being collected for this compilation release. What do you think, will you be picking it up?
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
Erik Norris is the Gaming Editor for CraveOnline. You can follow him on Twitter @Regular_Erik.